Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: Adam McNutt <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Pošiljalec: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Zadeva: [OS2Wireless] Cisco 340 not working
Datum: Fri, 21 May 2004 02:05:06 +0000
Za: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

I'm going to guess and say that the Cisco 342 isn't compatible with the Cisco 340 driver.  I have a ThinkPad T21, and my Cisco 340 works great after installing the driver.  I did go buy an IBM High Speed card, though, as I want to use the utility, should I ever find it, for changing configurations.  I also have a Dell TrueMobile (same as an Orinoco Gold) and a Linksys WPC11 versions 2.5 and 4.  I have gotten the best signal strength out of the orinoco cards (my Dell and IBM cards).

Hope that helps...

Adam McNutt

PS...where DO I get the IBM utility to change things around?

Julian Thomas wrote:

I took the plunge to set up a wireless capability (most of the house is on
a wired network but I wanted to be able to use a thinkpad T23 untethered). I have a Dlink DWL700AP access point and the Cisco 342 pc card.  Needless
to say, it's all working smoothly under Win2k.

eCS is a different story.  It wouldn't work, so I installed the latest
cardbus drivers from the eCS website.  They work - at least I can use a pc
card modem and a cf adapter and read the cf card.  However, the wifi is
still not working under eCS (yet).

Situation is that I have a wired NIC in the machine - assigned to Lan0
[since it was the first one there] using dhcp.  I installed the cisco
drivers from the file that I found on hobbes, and verified that the ssid
matches that in the WAP (I'm not using any WEP for now; not concerned due
to an extremely rural location - it's too far even for drive-by access). I get an amber activity light on the cisco, but no green status indicator.

LANTRAN.LOG shows:

FFST/2 is installed but is not started.  LANMSGDD is loaded and
operational.

Netstat shows the adapter, as does PC Card director [what a kludgy
interface!]

TCPIP config won't allow me to set it to DHCP (that may be because I had
LAN0 set to use DHCP).

What should I try next?

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)