Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Mark Dodel" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Pošiljalec: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Zadeva: [OS2Wireless] Anyone tried the WiFi Finder yet?
Datum: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:14:05 EST5EDT4,M4.1,M10.5
Za: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

Has anyone on this list tried the Kensington WiFi Finder device yet?  It
is supposed to find publicly accessible 802.11b and 802.11g APs without
using a computer.  Just a small keychain size device with LEDs to show if
an access point is broadcasting.  Its supposed to show signal strength as
well.  I'm considering buying one (PCMall has it for $19.99) as it would
allow me to find wireless access without wasting laptop battery power.
I've read some comments on http://wifinetnews.com/archives/002024.html
saying it won't find AP's unless they are broadcasting SSID.  Also someone
said it kept finding his cordless phone despite the fact that Kensington
states it filters out everything thats not 802.11

Mark

--

 From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

  Warpstock 2003 - San Francisco, California, October 18-19 - http://www.warpstock.org

For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

  "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself.   That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).