From: Adam McNutt <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2Wireless] Netstumbler
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 02:31:55 +0000
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

I don't think any of them work with it as the Cisco card's don't/can't report strength or something to that effect.  Most of the cards supported report a lot more than the Cisco line of cards do, and the chipsets in the other cards (Prism / Orinoco based) are used in most cards these days.  Cisco's is proprietary to them.  Linksys and most others use the Prism 1/2/2.5/ 3 versions of the chips.  Orinoco, IBM, and Dell used the Orinoco (Lucent) chipset.  Netstumbler doesn't work with my Cisco 340, but works with every other wifi I have tried, sans the ProXim early days cards.

btw, anyone know of a netstumbler-type app for OS/2?

Adam McNutt

Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:

I have just started my WiFi adventure by buying a Cisco 350 card.   It works on Win98
and before I try it on eCS I'd like to exercise it in Windows.  I am about to attend a
conference where there may be connectivity.   Is there any version of Netstumbler that
works with this card on Win98SE?   I couldn't seem to find any on their site but I have no
more time to poke around as I'm leaving for the airport soon.   If not, is there some
other comparable utility?

What like this exists for eCS?

Thanks for all help.

Jeffrey Race

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)