Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Mark Dodel" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Pošiljalec: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Zadeva: [OS2Wireless] Linux driver for Intel Centrino
Datum: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:38:50 -0300
Za: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

I never saw this post come through so I'm resending to see if the list is
still active.

Mark

I haven't seen any posts here for a bit so I thought I'd post something.

There is now a Linux driver from a Canadian company for Intel's Centrino
wireless card.  Since its proprietary, there is no source so it doesn't
help OS/2. :-(

<http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/02/25/HNlinuxdriver_1.html>

The article does say "General manager of software and solutions at Intel,
Will Swope, recently said a Centrino-Linux driver was coming first in a
proprietary format and then open source once it's found out how to hide
the workings of its wireless technology. He refused however to give any
dates."  Does this mean there will never be an Intel centrino wireless
driver for OS/2?

Mark

--

 From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

  Warpstock 2003 - See the video and presentations: http://www.warpstock.org

For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

  "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself.   That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)