os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #506

Da: "Jeffrey Race" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: wrt54
Data: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:59:52 +0700
A: "OS/2 Wireless List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

First attempt to extend wireless to my step-father's house interrrupted
when our house hit by lightning and a lot of eqpt damaged.

Now I have bought a second WRT54GL but still retain OEM firmware.

I have set it to fixed IP .1.103 so it will not conflict with DHCP
devices on the existing home network.

PROBLEM: I can address the WRT54 when I plug my pc directly
into the LAN port on the WRT54, but not when I connect the WRT54
to my home network (based on a router at 192.168.1.1).   It just
doesn't reply when I ping it, and of course I cannot go in to reconfigure
it remotely.   I can't even ping it when I connect my pc directly to
its WAN port (using pc fixed ip address at .1.105).

What must I do to be able to access the device from its WAN port?

Tks for all help
jeffrey race