Van: "Oliver Mark" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Afzender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Onderwerp: OS/2 Wireless Users List: Re: Hibernation/Suspend [Was: new ThinkPad 8...]
Datum: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 06:47:12 est5edt
Aan: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

Carl,
see below.

>>Carl,
>>yes and no. First of all, you need to have the latest IBM2SS14 from the
>>PCCard-package off DDpak. It's a SWC feature, but with eCS protection,
you
>>should also get it.
>>Trick here is to use ONLY the driver, you don't need the rest - actually
>>you "downgrade" a few things, if you use the whole package. So, just
unzip
>>and copy IBM2SS14 to your boot-drive.
>
>The copy I have is:
>Directory of C:\os2
>3-20-02   2:30p     29069           0  IBM2SS14.SYS
>
>Is there a later one?  This one fails to load.  I don't remember the
>exact message, but it has been consistent.  This one came from the
>PCCard R5 package on eComStation.Com.

Yes, there is:

10.10.02  18.44      19891           0  IBM2SS14.sys
I'll send it to you separately.

>>With the Hibernation: It's right, that you cannot write the hibernation
>>file to a HPFS or NTFS partition, and we don't want to do this !!
>>You need to have Free space, where the utility creates a FAT16 partition
>>for you to store the hibernation file in. Unfortunately, this space needs
>>to be within the 1023 cylinder restriction.
>>So, you OS (OS/2, eCS, NT, whatever) can boot off from whatever
>>filesystems, the Hibernation file itself needs to be FAT.
>
>Someone should reword the restrictions then to be more clear about
>*which* partition must be FAT.
>
>I have some space left on the HD, but I'm not sure exactly where on the
>48GB there is space.  I'm afraid it is toward the end, but inside of a
>Logical Partition with the rest of the OS/2 drives.

It needs to be towards the beginning and plain free space, not within
any logical partition.

>>I don't understand the issue with the Bootmanager. Actually it hibernates
>>fine with Bootmanager on my T23. So, you shoulg give it a try.

>I have no idea why the statement is made.
>Has anyone else used this utility on an A-Series TPad
>*and* with BootManager?
>>For the Bluetooth stuff, you are right. I talked to a few people and
>>actually, it would not be really difficult.  Someone to give 5k $ and
>>you'll get it.
>
>Surely there are a few hundred people who will contribute $25 or so...

Ok, WHO is going to collect the money ?
If you figure out a way doing it, I will get you a developer for this.

>>For the Lucent stuff: The driver for the chip used in the T20 was
released
>>a few weeks ago and work for the newer chip is in plan (Did I just say
that
>>?? No, I didn't, right ?!).
>
>I just tried the new release.  Same result as always:
>"Modem does not respond..."
>Can you provide some details about setup strings that should be used
>for this thing?  I use the AT&T Dialer and I have tried using:
>* The same profile as my PCCard X-Jack
>* The only "Lucent..." modem profile that is in the list.
>* Generic modem.
>All results are the same.

No, no special setup strings, I use the Lucent 56Flex something
entry in the ATT dialer.

>There is a comment in the Install Cmd, that indicates it is supposed
>to:
>"/* Create the icon in the 'System Setup' Folder */"
>I can see no indication that anything new has been added to the System

Tried to rearrange icons ?
It should create a "Modem Region Select" entry.

>>Setup folder.  The Config.Sys is updated with:
>>REM   LTMDMOS2 install - The device=ltmdmos2.sys line must come prior
>>REM   to the device=com.sys line
>>DEVICE=C:\os2\boot\ltmdmos2.sys
>>RUN=C:\os2\boot\lt_mon.exe

Yes, Add a /V to the ltmdmos2.sys entry and you'll see, if the driver
finds the hardware at all !

>as the first four lines.
>And:
>>Directory of C:\os2\boot
>> 2-13-03   5:35p    366220           0  ltmdmos2.sys
>>is the driver that is loaded.
>
>So, I'm not sure where to go from here.  I just know that it remains as
>a worthless feature so far, and I've tried every option that has been
>suggested for over a year now.  I have FIVE different variations on
>this file dating from 8-25-99.
>Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

The one above it the right one, if you have the right hardware,
which I doubt, since you have the combo card ;-)

Oliver

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).

Aanmelden: Feed, Samenvatting, Index.
Afmelden