From: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: OS/2 Wireless Users List: Re: Hibernation/Suspend [Was: new ThinkPad 8...]
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 22:31:21 est5edt
To: "os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Please see interspersed comments...
CG

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:01:58 est5edt, Oliver Mark wrote:

>Carl,
>yes and no. First of all, you need to have the latest IBM2SS14 from the
>PCCard-package off DDpak. It's a SWC feature, but with eCS protection, you
>should also get it.
>Trick here is to use ONLY the driver, you don't need the rest - actually
>you "downgrade" a few things, if you use the whole package. So, just unzip
>and copy IBM2SS14 to your boot-drive.

The copy I have is:
Directory of C:\os2
3-20-02   2:30p     29069           0  IBM2SS14.SYS

Is there a later one?  This one fails to load.  I don't remember the
exact message, but it has been consistent.  This one came from the
PCCard R5 package on eComStation.Com.

>With the Hibernation: It's right, that you cannot write the hibernation
>file to a HPFS or NTFS partition, and we don't want to do this !!
>You need to have Free space, where the utility creates a FAT16 partition
>for you to store the hibernation file in. Unfortunately, this space needs
>to be within the 1023 cylinder restriction.
>So, you OS (OS/2, eCS, NT, whatever) can boot off from whatever
>filesystems, the Hibernation file itself needs to be FAT.

Someone should reword the restrictions then to be more clear about
*which* partition must be FAT.

I have some space left on the HD, but I'm not sure exactly where on the
48GB there is space.  I'm afraid it is toward the end, but inside of a
Logical Partition with the rest of the OS/2 drives.

>I don't understand the issue with the Bootmanager. Actually it hibernates
>fine with Bootmanager on my T23. So, you shoulg give it a try.

I have no idea why the statement is made.
Has anyone else used this utility on an A-Series TPad
*and* with BootManager?

>For the Bluetooth stuff, you are right. I talked to a few people and
>actually, it would not be really difficult.  Someone to give 5k $ and
>you'll get it.

Surely there are a few hundred people who will contribute $25 or so...

>For the Lucent stuff: The driver for the chip used in the T20 was released
>a few weeks ago and work for the newer chip is in plan (Did I just say that
>?? No, I didn't, right ?!).

I just tried the new release.  Same result as always:
"Modem does not respond..."
Can you provide some details about setup strings that should be used
for this thing?  I use the AT&T Dialer and I have tried using:
* The same profile as my PCCard X-Jack
* The only "Lucent..." modem profile that is in the list.
* Generic modem.
All results are the same.

I also tried using the "Find the modem." function of the Dialer.  It
found my PCCard modem on COM2, but found nothing on COM1.

There is a comment in the Install Cmd, that indicates it is supposed
to:
"/* Create the icon in the 'System Setup' Folder */"
I can see no indication that anything new has been added to the System
Setup folder.  The Config.Sys is updated with:

>REM   LTMDMOS2 install - The device=ltmdmos2.sys line must come prior
>REM   to the device=com.sys line
>DEVICE=C:\os2\boot\ltmdmos2.sys
>RUN=C:\os2\boot\lt_mon.exe

as the first four lines.
And:

>Directory of C:\os2\boot
> 2-13-03   5:35p    366220           0  ltmdmos2.sys

is the driver that is loaded.

So, I'm not sure where to go from here.  I just know that it remains as
a worthless feature so far, and I've tried every option that has been
suggested for over a year now.  I have FIVE different variations on
this file dating from 8-25-99.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.