From: <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: OS/2 Wireless Users List: Re: MiniPCI ? was: new ThinkPad 8
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:31:56 est5edt
To: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

In <OF507E805F.9791C279-ONC1256CF7.005E7562@de.ibm.com>, on 03/28/03 at
12:24 PM,
   "Oliver Mark" <o.mark@de.ibm.com> said:

>Thing is, that you probably don't have built-in antennas, which makes the
>WiFi mPCI card pretty useless ;-(

I guess I wouldn't know that til I took it apart.  MiniPCI Wireless is
listed as an option for my laptop, but perhaps they only put an antenna in
if they build one with the wireless.  Looking at the disassembly
documentation, the miniPCI slot is not accessable from the bottom of the
case.  I'd have to remove the keyboard as it is on the top of the
motherboard.  Not sure if its worth all that potential devistation. :-P

Mark

--

 From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

Warpstock 2002, In the home of OS/2 - Austin, Texas.  Were you there?   http://www.warpstock.org

For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

  "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself.   That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).