Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: Lewis G Rosenthal <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Pošiljalec: os2-wireless_users-owner <os2-wireless_users-owner@2rosenthals.com>
Zadeva: OS/2 Wireless Users List: BlueTooth, anyone?
Datum: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 21:15:05 est5edt
Za: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

Does anybody know of any BlueTooth driver development? IBM makes a nice little BlueTooth PC Card available (cheap, on eBay, as a matter of fact).

Also, we had some discussion a few days ago where Mark  Dodel brought up concerns of possible interference between 2.4GHz phones and WiFi transmissions. What of bluetooth devices? I have a BlueTooth headset for my Ericsson T60 phone (I know, I sound like I'm rich, with $$ to burn on a BlueTooth headset which costs more than the !@#$%ing phone; but no, sorry to disappoint, I live in New York, where we have one of those g-d foresaken cell phone laws against driving while holding the phone...don't get me started...). Anyway, I haven't noticed interference with the wireless networking while using that, but I wonder if it's possible? Consider pligging in both the BlueTooth card and the WiFi card at the same time. Would that choke both signals, or would they be able to coexist?

Just thinking out loud...

Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA
Rosenthal & Rosenthal            :  Accountants / Network Consultants
New York / Northern Virginia     :                www.2rosenthals.com
Novell Users International       :                 www.whytheylie.com
OS/2's new face is eComStation   :                www.ecomstation.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------- This OS/2 system (Apollo) uptime is 0 days 12:11 hours and 10 seconds

(omit the quotes).

For help with other commands, send a message
to steward@2rosenthals.com with the command
"help" in the body (omit the quotes).