Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Chuck McKinnis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: WET54G antenna
Datum: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:47:37 -0600
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
Sorry for the late follow-up, Ray...

On 06/22/09 05:20 pm, Ray Davison thus wrote :
This was started in March because of the need to get a new laptop, and eCS does not support the wireless NIC.

I have a WET54G connected to my laptop.  I have connected to my LAN and the WEB thru my WRT54G - which has WPA2 - and the WEB at one other location that is apparently unsecured.  It was not trivial.  Actually, for me it was impossible; I had help.

I think maybe I am ready to hit the road.  Any specific suggestions for a high-gain, directional, antenna for the WET?  2.4GHz?

TY
I would look for either a cantenna or a 9-12dBi yagi if you need a directional unit. Best off-the-cuff advice I can offer.

GL

Lewis led me to this site.  I have bought from them and been quite satisfied.  I have a parabolic that connects to another location about 300 meters away.  However, I notice that their prices have gone up a bunch.

http://www.moonblinkwifi.com/

I have also used this supplier and notice that they have a parabolic that is reasonably priced.

http://www.radiolabs.com/

The N cable may run you as much as the antenna.

--
Chuck McKinnis
1449 State Highway 14 N