Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Al Heath" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Pošiljalec: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Recommendations for small wireless bridge for using Vonage ATA while travelling
Datum: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 10:52:15 -0600
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

>>** Reply to message from "Al Heath" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on
>>Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:23:35 -0600

>> For what it's worth, I've used a NetGear 101 Bridge that connects to the
>> WAN side of the router.  When the 1st computer connects via the router thru
>> the bridge to the hotel network, the terms and conditions page appears and
>> I accept.  Then any device that also plugs in via that router gets access
>> automatically as the hotel sees the router's mac address and knows it has
>> been agreed to for that day.

>This sounds interesting.  I looked at the NetGear web site but could not see
>it.  What is the model number?

>Robert Blair

I've had my setup for a few years.  They likely have different model numbers now.

Anyway, this is the bridge I've used.  It had great range... I could get 1000 feet in clear areas.  Downside is it need AC power, but the Vonage adapter does too, so no big deal for me.  For the routers on my side of the bridge, I've used both a old standard Vonage router based on the linksys router (1 wan port, 1 phone port, and 3 ethernet ports) and also have used other routers behind my bridge too if I wanted to use my own private wireless network as a subnet from the hotel.

Here is just one old review I could find by googling on the WGE101:
<http://www.trustedreviews.com/networking/review/2004/08/24/Netgear-WGE101-Wireless-Ethernet-Bridge/p1>

Al H