Message #5520 des archives de la Liste os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

De: "Leon D. Zetekoff" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> En-têtes complèts
Message brut
Expéditeur: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>
Sujet: Re: [OS2Wireless] OT ISP behavior (was: Wired woes - Marvell thread)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:03:50 -0500

Hi mark...I use dreamhost.com for my web and email hosting. I went to them when the moose (themooseisloose.net) folded last year.

Leon

* Mark Henigan wrote, On 11/25/2007 4:19 PM:
"Mark Henigan" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

<snip>
Hello Lewis:

Thanks for the suggestion!  BTW, where would
be the beast forum for questions about ISP
behavior (within the OS/2-eCS community)?

Lewis G Rosenthal replied:

Surely. ;-)

For end-user ISP questions, here would probably be the best choice, though eCS-Technical (the Yahoo group) would probably do as well. The OS2-ISP list is for those of us running servers *as* ISP's, mainly.

Feel free to post your ISP issues here.

Hello Lewis:

I have been confused by the various means that
appeared to have been available for establishing
a personal website with a domain name of my
choosing.  I thought that I had done so with
SBC-Yahoo! (driven-zen.org) and still have email
addresses attached to it that are accessible to
me.  However, when still under SBC-Yahoo! I found
that it was actually a GeoCities page, clearly
not a professional-looking or -behaving "site"
and not what I thought I was getting when I paid
extra for "Premium" services.  Now that I am
under AT&T-Yahoo all of the services that paid
for are part of the basic package and no trace
remains of my having been enrolled for premium
services.

During the years since I "established" my own
domain, I received what I assumed were spam
attempts to get me to pay to keep the domain
name I had chosen.  I just ignored these since
they did not come from anyone connected with my
ISP.

1. Is the idea of obtaining domain names through
large ISPs such as SBC-Yahoo! more fantasy than
reality?

2. What must I do to gain ownership or a
legitemate lease on "my" domain name?

3. Do I need to consider obtaining a fixed
Internet address and operating my own email
server?

4. Given my hopes of access to my email and
(if I ever have one) website via Verizon's
broadband wireless network, am I going to have
problems in addition to simply establishing a
connection to Verizon?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank You!

Best Regards,

- Mark

Mark Henigan

--
*Leon Zetekoff*
Proprietor

See who we know in common <http://www.linkedin.com/e/wwk/1265359/> Want a signature like this? <http://www.linkedin.com/e/sig/1265359/>

Leon Zetekoff
Adresse

505 B Main Street
Blandon
PA
19510
dom
Courriel
wa4zlw@arrl.net
Nom complet
Leon Zetekoff
Organisation
BackWoods Wireless
Téléphone
484-335-9920 work
484-335-9921 fax
610-916-0230 home
610-223-8642 cell
Titre d'emploi
Owner
Site Internet
http://www.backwoodswireless.net
X-MOZILLA-HTML
TRUE

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)

Écrire au gestionnaire de la liste