From: "Adam McNutt" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: David Pogue wakes up about WIFI encryption
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 16:48:19 -0700

I find it odd you say no providers use encryption, when all of my email is sent encrypted, via ssl.  You can also encrypt the email for the recipient using addons in Thuderbird (albeit just the email, not server-client comms).

GMail, GoDaddy, and a local account (Socketworks) I have here all use encryption to transact email from server-client and have for years.  Maybe you need to look for a new ISP?

-Adam McNutt

On Jan 7, 2007, at 2:53 PM, Bob wrote:

My big complaint is that passwords are sent in plain text for most email and
none of the providers of email servers are doing anything to fix that.  Email
clients will not be changed until there is some sort of a standard supported at
the server end.

-- Robert Blair