From: "Doug LaRue" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: David Pogue wakes up about WIFI encryption
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:36:25 -0800

** Reply to message from "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on Tue, 09 Jan 2007 22:37:02 -0500 (EST)

> Here's a very timely article on this topic.  It should generate some
> interesting discussion...
>
> Carl
>
> On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 07:23:27 -0500, Computerworld First Look wrote:
>
> > * Wi-Fi concerns prompt new security laws
> >http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/1179890/44248198/46688/2/

Once again the laws miss the mark since what is needed to be protected is
consumers/customer data and information. We need laws to start protecting
OUR data from careless corporate security practices and enable monetary
damage rewards for those harmed.  Only then will businesses start thinking
more about what is the right thing to do instead of just doing what ´everyone
else is doing´.

Forcing EVERYONE to close their wireless network sounds more like the laws
were promoted by the cable and ISDN networks or just plain ignorance at
the law making level.

Doug LaRue

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armor to
 lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores
 the fact that it was he, who by peddling second-rate technology, led them
 into it in the first place."
- Douglas Adams, author of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".
-                full text: http://www.catscratch.net/douglasadams_on_win95.html
-                more quotes: http://www.phnet.fi/public/mamaa1/adams.htm

"Excuse me: Can you tell me the IP address of this cable?"
 - Actual question from a MCSE!