From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>
Subject: [OS2Wireless] Warpstock 2007 Wi-Fi sessions
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:07:04 -0400

Folks, as Warpstock 2007 approaches, I thought I'd just drop a note here on the list to mention how I'm planning to split up the Wi-Fi sessions this time around. Also note that hotel rooms are filling up, and once we pass the October 14 cutoff date, there is no guaranty that rooms will be available at the Valhalla Inn (other arrangements would have to be made). Likewise, October 15 is the cutoff date for reservations for the Dinner Theatre outing, so please make your reservations sooner rather than later (links are at the bottom of this message).

Thursday: Designing a wireless network at home using common hardware

Part 1 (8:30am)

Here, we will discuss current access point technologies which are commonly available in the retail market, what best fits the needs of OS/2 and eCS users, and other hardware, software, firmware, and cabling may be required to complete a functional, secure, wireless setup. The beginning of the session will focus on hardware and security technology, as well as some brief background of 802.11 wireless networks, generally applicable radio concepts, and antenna choices.

Part 2 (1:30pm)

We will install, configure, break, and repair wireless networks using OS/2 clients and common access point hardware (configured in part one of this workshop). This session will include a brief presentation of current technology, a question & answer period, and a marathon hands-on experience. Emphasis will be on the GenMAC wireless device driver, XWLAN, connection scripting, and wireless security on the client side.

As always, I will be available for Q&A after the sessions (and the rest of the weekend), and if you have a particularly stubborn piece of hardware, please bring it along (if we can't get it working, we can at least enjoy pummeling it with a hammer!).

If there are any specific requests, please forward them to this list and I'll see about working them into one of the two halves.

Warpstock links:

Homepage: http://www.warpstock.org
Warpstock 2007 event pages: http://www.warpstock.org/staticpages/index.php?page=ws2007_home
Warpstock 2007 session calendar: http://www.warpstock.org/calendar.php?mode=&view=week&month=11&day=15&year=2007
Warpstock 2007 online registration page: http://www.warpstock.org/staticpages/index.php?page=ws2007_registration
Warpstock 2007 online student registration page: http://www.warpstock.org/staticpages/index.php?page=ws2007_student_registration
Warpstock 2007 hotel reservations info page: http://www.warpstock.org/staticpages/index.php?page=ws2007_location
Warpstock 2007 fact sheet index: http://www.warpstock.org/staticpages/index.php?page=ws2007_factsheets

I hope to see everyone on this list at Warpstock this year!

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com
Novell Users Int'l       www.novell.com/openenterpriseserver
Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?               www.hautspot.com

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)