From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: T43 Wireless Woes
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:24:07 -0500

On 01/21/07 01:08 pm, Eric A. Erickson thus wrote :
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:45:31 +0100, Kris Steenhaut wrote:

Eric A. Erickson wrote:

I'm trying to get the Wireless to work on my T43 (2686-DJU). I have
the lan port active using the Broadcom 1 Gig Driver,
Strange, I had a TP43-2669-44G with an iNtel thing.

Kris, my T43 has a Broadcom NIC in it. I also use the Broadcom driver for it. Some earlier builds came with Intel NICs, IIRC.
but when I try
and get the GenMac drivers to work 2915/A/B/G,

Hmm ... I doubt an A/B/G device ever was available on a TP43.

T43's have either Intel 2915ABG or 2200BG cards in them. These are mPCI and not miniPCI-Express, as the 3945ABG cards (found in the T60's).
 they do not load. I
can get the Intel 2200 Drivers to load via GenMac, but WLan reports
no driver loaded and the LanTran.log shows The PCI program reports that I have a PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network
Connection

Eric, you don't want to load the 2915 driver, as that's for another card. You need to load the 2200 driver. What version of XWLAN are you using? Some builds had some difficulty with the card detection.

<snip>
Could you check in the bios of the TP43 whether everything defaults to irq 11?

I will, also I discovered that the .Sys file was not on the OS/2
partition. I've gotten it from my XP Partition and will be trying
that later today.
This is in all probability an exercise in futility. As 99% of all PCI cards share IRQ's, very rarely do I see NIC problems with IRQ 11 in use (as it's high enough to be out of the way of other, less friendly peripherals). Most likely, you're loading an incorrect driver for GenMAC. You could try re-installing GenMAC.

Also, check out the utilities in the \bin directory for GenMAC and see if they are able to access the wireless NIC. Finally, check the XWLAN support list archives on GMane for some tips on this issue.

GL

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com