os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #610

Da: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: OT: broadband connection issues (was: Re: Possible sluggishness due to Verizon DSL issues)
Data: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:32:16 -0500
A: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

This surely is annoying. Verizon (of course) tells me that the ticket is still open, but there is nothing to report. I was clear when I opened the ticket that this was not residential service, but business. Naturally, without an SLA, they could care less. I'm hoping that by going into my clients remotely later tonight, and bringing a few boxes online at a time (after the backup, which is why we close the POP3 clients at the end of the day), I may be able to avoid the flood in the morning between 8:30 and 9am.

I've also been checking web-related news stories, as we have been seeing issues for the past couple of weeks (but unfortunately, nothing I could put my finger on until this weekend). I'd never seen the available 384Kbps get bottled up like it did a couple weeks ago. The day after, Road Runner cable at one of my clients went down for half the day, and when that one came back up, the flood started all over again, luckily lasting only a half hour or so.

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:14:07 -0700
 "Will Honea" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
Something funny is going on - I've been fighting the same problem with at least
two other sites I maintain for the last week.  One turned out to be an open
SMTP forwarder on the server spewing SPAM and chewing up the bandwidth, the
other is ongoing with a different provider.

<snip>

Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLE, CLP
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants