Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Stan Sidlov" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Pošiljalec: sbsidlov@gmail.com
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] wireless usb modem
Datum: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:26:56 -0400
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

All the cellular companies have a funny definition of 'unlimited' it's mostly set at 5GB/mo. If you are only one person doing email and surfing, maybe that this enough.Heavy surfing, BT, large file transfers on a daily basis, it won't be. fwiw, I average between 100,000mb to 250,000 mb per month downloading....but I'm a heavy user. I've done 781.21MB on my cell phone in a month....

 My ISP, optimum has a interesting system, there are the wired setups, and they have covered a significant portion of NY Metro (but not manhattan since they are not located in manhattan) with 3mbs wirlelss as a part of the plan.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 10:00 PM, os24u <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
More offers each day for wireless internet access using a usb modem usually from cel phone providers.

1. Can such modem be used with OS/2 based OS?
2. If so, is something more than usb base com driver required?
3. What are these modems similar to regarding connection:  cable-dhcp, dsl-ppoe, etc
4. If unable directly with OS/2 could a windoze laptop be used to run the modem hooked to a router for our fav OS?
5. Are claimed speeds reasonably reliable on such modems?

       Cal

Resending this as only received 340 archived messages back to 2004 lately.

http://wisdomtree.info  Largest OS/2 URL database