From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] LEAP option
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 18:29:48 -0400

Hey, buddy...

On 08/22/09 02:15 pm, Andy Willis thus wrote :
Have we had any work done towards using LEAP in conjunction with our WPA suplicant?

Interesting question!

Have a look at http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/ , which is the basis for our WPA supplicant. There is a long list of EAP methods, including LEAP, though LEAP is listed as requiring special support from the driver. Thus, we fall back on the underlying GenMAC or, (more likely) Win32 driver and GenMAC's ability to translate that API (that's a WAG on my part; considering that the GenMAC source is closed, none of us really knows how this might work).

Have a look at the bottom of the above-referenced page. While XWLAN does not presently have in its UI entries for the typical required params for LEAP, you might be able to try using the wpa_supplicant.conf. This would be an RFE for XWLAN, I 'spose, if in fact we *can* take advantage of it.

Cheers/2

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Secure, stable, operating system          www.ecomstation.com