Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: Is there such a device?
Datum: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 07:02:08 +1000
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

While the WRT54G as a basic network device works fine with OS/2 (I have been using one as my main router here for many years), my question was related to an OS/2 VPN client - from what Lewis says  the VPN support in the WRT54G (even flashed with the DD-WRT firmware) does not have an OS/2 compatible client that is able to access the system from another location via the Internet.

Cheers/2
Ed.

Stan Sidlov wrote:
the DD-WRT firmware on a Linksys (or other compatible router) is extremely compatible with OS/2....never ever had an issue, and I've run this type of hardware firmware for many years now - long enough to 'burn out' the router since I overdrive the transmitter by 200%. I run an average of 500-700GBytes per month through mine. OS/2 did not report the PC's name in the way the router expected (which only led to a blank name in the client table the router served addresses and DNS perfectly). I believe it took an optional statement in the tcpip.config file to have the 'name' show up in the client table on the router.  The router and firmware is totally compatible with DOCSIS and all PPoE variants, PPTP, L2TP etc.  DD-WRT works with all dynamic client services, too. Preconfigured for Dyndns, freedns, zoneEdit, no-ip, 3322.org <http://3322.org>, easyDNS, TZO, DynSIP and you can configure a custom ddns service too. Overclocked it will handle a 27mb wan connection with the SPI firewall turned on, and about 30mb with the spi turned off and safely fanless overclock to 250mHz.