Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Chuck McKinnis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: More networking questions
Datum: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:54:45 -0600
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Ed Durrant wrote:
This is a bug in eCS (I recently raised a ticket on this) - it's been around a while. If you de-install a card in MPTS that uses Netbios over IP (or, I am guessing NetBEUI), the little popup program comes up and shows no cards supporting TCPBeui and when you click OK it says the config has been updated - unfortunately it doed not remove or Rem out two lines in Config.sys

DEVICE=C:\IBMLAN\NETPROG\RDRHELP.200
and
IFS=C:\IBMLAN\NETPROG\NETWKSTA.200 /I:C:\IBMLAN /N

(I think if you had Netbios also loaded, it wotld probably miss this one as well)
DEVICE=C:\IBMCOM\PROTOCOL\NETBIOS.OS2

The work around is simple - go into config.sys and put rem space at the start of each of these lines.

The bug appears to be in the IBM MPTS.EXE.

I am updating my MPTS wrapper that checks CONFIG.SYS.  Does this look like the fix?

If DEVICE=...\TCPBEUI.OS2 is not present, remove DEVICE=...\RDRHELP.200 and IFS=...\NETWKSTA.200
  Chuck McKinnis - 25 August 2009

--
Chuck McKinnis
1449 State Highway 14 N