From: "Will Honea" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: OT: broadband connection issues
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:13:32 -0700

** Reply to message from "Stanley Sidlov" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>
on Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:04:28 -0500 (EST)

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:40:32 -0700, Will Honea wrote:
>
> >Lew, Toshiba told me today that they would ship my "free upgrade" to Vista by
> >the weekend.  Is that the same as turning a new virus loose on the net <g>.
>
> fwiw, I'm reading online that running an actual upgrade to Vista is very iffy..one article
> is called "Vista upgrade: Brace yourself for 'nightmare'" and things like the real cost of
> the Vista upgrade coupons....
>
> http://weblog.infoworld.com/dbunderground/archives/2006/09/i_realize_this.html
> http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=264452
> http://www.startribune.com/154/story/871252.html
> http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/003020.html
> http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/archives/003385.html

Interesting info.  Actually, I'm planning to take that "free" update and try it
on one machine.  Other than my server and one partition on my personal laptop I
plan to upgrade the rest of the operation --- to Linux.  The cost of updating
one of the clients (a  small church) to Vista is prohibitive when you factor in
all the associated programs that will also need updating.  Office2000 to
Office2007 for them is eye-watering!

--
Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net>