From: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: OT: OpenVPN
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:42:29 +1000

Stan Sidlov wrote:
Ed if I offended you by asking that I'm SORRY.

My understanding was that Ed wanted to connect his eCS laptop as a VPN client with a network using a router as the VPN server instead of using an eCS computer as a VPN server behind a firewall/router.  There is not a single router that I am aware of that uses any version of OS/2 as it's OS. Yes, you can setup a eCS/OS/2 computer to do routing, firewall, and VPN. I thought that Ed had already done this in the past and was looking to get past the 'computer' requirement.
Hi Stan, I don't think you need to say sorry to me for anything.
To confirm, your interpretation of what I was asking is correct (thanks for the point that the linux based WRT routers can also support PPTP type VPN as well - that may be worth following up).

As Lewis is the moderator of this list we should however accept his decision that this subject is not related to the purpose of this particular list.

Perhaps we can move the discussion onto the eCS Technical mailing list if you are a member of that list?

--
Cheers/2

Ed

eComStationAustralia podcast RSS feed at http://eComStationAustralia.podbean.com/feed or via iTunes.