Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Jeffrey Race" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: External antenna
Datum: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:52:47 +0700
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>
Kp: "Jeffrey Race" <jrace@attglobal.net>

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:17:48 -0400, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
>On 09/14/09 11:30 pm, Ray Davison thus wrote :
>> Does this sound useful for fringe areas on the road with a WET54G?
>> http://www.evertek.com/viewpart.asp?auto=35879&cat=49
>>>Indeed, the Cantenna is a versatile unit. The price from Evertek is
>decent (though there are similar non-branded versions available right
>now on eBay, which also claim 12db gain). Either way, a minimum of 12db
>in this or a yagi should do you well.

I have both the Cantenna and a hand-crafted device from ebay.  They
work OK but are bulky for travel.

I have experimented with a dipole using a home-made parabola
which also works very well.    The problem with the parabola again
is that it is bulky so not convenient while travelling.   I am now designing
a foldable parabola and may be looking for beta testers.

jr