os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #625

Da: "Rick R." <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Shared Memory Problems
Data: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:37:49 -0800 (PST)

I know this is only remotely related to the WiFi
corner, but I noticed that my browsers, specially the
Mozilla & FireFox versions, use up a lot of shared
memory.
Up to 100MB. That is normally released when the
browser exits, but not when it crashes.
When that happens I always end up 20-30MB "short".
So when I visit a troublesome website (lots of Java
script or IE only HTML crudeness), and my browser
dumps on me 3 or 4 times I run out of shared mem in no
time and haev to reboot the whole system.

By the way pmViewPro does the same when I load lots of
pics in preview and it dumps sometimes (if I got some
thousand pics or problem with a net drive).
Then it also ends up eating 100+MB of shared mem w/o
releasing all of it back.

Is there *any* way I can increase shared mem in OS/2
to begin with or recover such "lost" shared mem afterwards?