os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #6252

Da: "Ray Davison" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: Wireless extension to LAN
Data: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:53:46 -0700
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

I can now log-in to DD-WRT CONTROL PANEL.

Now what?

Depending upon what you want the unit to do, you might want to flash it again with a standard generic build (sorry, I don't recall which model you have or what you need from the box) or perhaps just keep what you've got. What did you need it to do beyond the capabilities of the factory firmware?

From the original post:

Can the WRT54G be a wireless extension of the LAN that is currently on the GS?  They can talk to my laptop, can they talk to each other?

To which you said:

If the WRT54G is flashed with DD-WRT it can act as a wireless repeater/bridge. This enables it to:

  1. Act as a client to your existing wireless network (originating
     from your GS);
  2. Broadcast Wi-Fi to other clients, thus extending your wireless range;
  3. Allow wired connections on its four wired switch ports to bridge
     back to the GS for routing to the internet and/or bridging to the
     rest of your network

Nothing should need to be done with your GS to make this happen. Flashing just the WRT54G should be sufficient.

Ray