From: "Stanley Sidlov" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] ThinkPad A31p - want new wireless miniPCI adapter with 11g capability
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 21:28:57 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:00:02 -0800 (PST), Charles McCallister wrote:

>Anyway, I saw somewhere on the Internet an IBM miniPCI
>adapter for my A31p but lost the URL. Would anyone
>have any knowledge to share with me?

The problem would be that you would most likely lose your modem card and perhaps your ethernet port with a mini-pci card.

However, this may help: http://www.jordanautomations.com/tpa31-internal-wifi-upgrade.html
There are issues of course:
1. a mini-pci that actually will work in the unit else you may get the (what's the ID number 1503?) bios error which can be patched
2. antennae which has to be purchased separately of course (add'l $10 or so)
3. near total disassembly....and reassembly