Gönderim Listesi os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Ar?vli ?leti #630

Gönderen: "Will Honea" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Tam Ba?l?klar
Çözülmemi? ?leti
Konu: Re: [OS2Wireless]Network status update
Tarih: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:09:10 -0700
Alacak: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

** Reply to message from "Lewis G Rosenthal"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:21:39 -0500

Lew, I fought this exact problem with Qwest a year or so back: strong signal at
the box, marginal to no signal at the modem.  The DSL modem I have has built-in
signal analysis and it would go from a downstream SNR of 2 up to 16-20 in a
matter of minutes.  Upstream SNR was consistently in the 28-32 range.  They
showed up and measured a DOWN/UP SNR of 18/30 at the service entry point so I
plugged in my modem with nothing else attached and got a barely usable 6/30
reading.  AHA! Bad modem.  Now, by a quirk in Qwest's shipping, I wound up with
3 of these modems so I swapped in a new one - 8/30.  Swapped in the third one
and got 10/30, so I left it in.  For the next two months, that modem ran with
anywhere from 6/25 to 12/30 SNR.  One day, up popped a SNR of 18/30 and the
downstream attenuation remain above 15 ever after.  Swapped to original "bad"
modem back in and what do you know - 17/30!

I pulled the logs for all this time and made a rather interesting discovery:
the bad signals exactly tracked the gateway machine I was assigned.  I called a
friend at Qwest and he checked their records - they had swapped equipment on
that server for weak signal just after all my problems.  Looks like the problem
was fairly far upstream from me after all.

--
Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net>

Abone ol: Bildirim, Derleme, Fihrist.
Abonelikten ç?k