os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #6317

Da: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] Cannot get DHCP
Data: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:31:25 -0400
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hi, Stu...

On 10/12/09 02:12 pm, Stuart Updike thus wrote :
Hello all,

I have just installed eCS 2.0rc7 on my ThinkPad T23. I have no problem using the wired connection to my router, a Netgear MR814V2. However, when I enable the wireless card, I cannot connect. At this point, it is an open system. The DHCP Monitor reports the DHCP client is not running. The XWlan widget is showing full green on connection strength. I tried looking at the sample script, but it is Greek to me.

Any ideas?

Ensure that the DHCP monitor is indeed looking at the correct interface (usually, lan1 vs lan0). Once you've done that, try getting dhcp to start on the interface from a command line, in case there is any valuable feedback:

dhcpmon -t
route -fh
arp -f
dhcpstrt -i lan1

(the default timeout of 60 seconds should give you an indication as to whether or not we're even finding a DHCP server on the other end)

Make sure that you are seeing a MAC address for your Wi-Fi card (this should be the case; it's only the newer Intels which have this annoyance, AFAICR). I'm not very familiar with the Netgear MR812V2, so I can't offer up any help as to what you might want to check on that end, sorry.

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Secure, stable, operating system          www.ecomstation.com