Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Stuart Updike" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: Cannot get DHCP
Datum: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:53:48 -0500
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Bob wrote:
** Reply to message from "Stuart Updike"<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>
on Mon, 12 Oct 2009 17:25:23 -0500

The wired connection to the router can
get a lease very quickly, but the
wireless never gets a lease. I do not
know how to query the wireless card for
its MAC address, but it is labeled on
the bottom of the machine and it does
show up in the router's list of
connected devices.

My experience is that if my wired NIC is connected I can not get XWLAN to
switch to the wireless NIC (it gets an IP but does not work, over either NIC).
When I want to switch from a wired NIC to a wireless NIC I disconnect the LAN
connector and reboot.  After the reboot the wired NIC is not connected so when
I start XWLAN it connects and gets an IP with DHCP and the system works
normally on LAN1.  I have a XWLAN REXX script that deletes LAN0 on connection
because I have had intermittent problems if it is left in its initial state.

Hello Bob,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have now booted with the radio enabled and the wire disconnected. I have even run a CMD file sent me by Julian. That file for shifting from wired to wireless has worked well in the past. Still, the DHCP client would not run.

I did attempt to connect via wireless to my router using a fixed IP address. That effort was successful. I was able to connect to the router's control web page.

Thank you for your help.

Stu