Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: Cannot get DHCP
Datum: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:43:25 -0400
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Some further thoughts...

On 10/13/09 12:41 am, Stuart Updike thus wrote :
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
netstat -n <Enter>
This file was recorded while the wireless (Interface 1)
radio was disabled.

Interface 0  Ethernet-Csmacd
physical address    00028a2d2d8e      MTU 1492

speed 100000000 bits/sec
unicast packets received 3470
broadcast packets received 1
total bytes received 1068038
unicast packets sent 2926
broadcast packets sent 393
total bytes sent 459116
packets discarded on transmission 0
packets discarded on reception 0
received packets in error 0
errors trying to send 0
packets received in unsupported protocols 0

Interface 1  Ethernet-Csmacd
physical address    0020e08f2e1c      MTU 1500

speed 11000000 bits/sec
unicast packets received 0
broadcast packets received 0
total bytes received 0
unicast packets sent 0
broadcast packets sent 1
total bytes sent 42
packets discarded on transmission 0
packets discarded on reception 0
received packets in error 0
errors trying to send 0
packets received in unsupported protocols 0

Interface 9  Software Loopback
physical address    000000000000      MTU 1536

speed 0 bits/sec
unicast packets received 0
broadcast packets received 0
total bytes received 0
unicast packets sent 9763
broadcast packets sent 0
total bytes sent 631210
packets discarded on transmission 0
packets discarded on reception 0
received packets in error 0
errors trying to send 0
packets received in unsupported protocols 0
Interesting.

Is lan1 indeed the number of your wireless adapter?

Yes, I deduced that from the order of the
assignments in the router.

Actually, the key is not the router, but in PROTOCOL.INI:

<snip>
[TCPIP_NIF]

   DriverName = TCPIP$
   BINDINGS = E100BEO2_NIF,IBMPRISM_NIF,,

Thus, the E100B driver is bound to lan0 and the IBM Prism driver is bound to lan1.

Please ensure that you have *no* entries for lan1 in your TCP/IP configuration notebook. XWLAN should manage this entirely on its own. Could you please follow-up with a copy of \MPTN\BIN\SETUP.CMD as well as \MPTN\ETC\DHCPCD.CFG ?

This is surely an odd one. The IBM prism driver is quite old, too, though I don't really suspect that that's the cause of this. If it were just an XWLAN thing, then I might lean in that direction (some lack of proper functionality for XWLAN to adequately see the device), but at the command line, it should behave. The dhcpmon -t command kills the DHCP client daemon, allowing it to switch to a different interface via the -i parameter.

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Secure, stable, operating system          www.ecomstation.com