Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: Cannot get DHCP
Datum: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 21:21:44 -0400
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Okay, Stu, let's see if we can get a bit closer...

On 10/13/09 07:51 pm, Stuart Updike thus wrote :
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

<snip>
Please ensure that you have *no* entries for lan1 in your TCP/IP
configuration notebook.
Confirmed.
XWLAN should manage this entirely on its own.
Agreed.
Could you please follow-up with a copy of \MPTN\BIN\SETUP.CMD as well
as \MPTN\ETC\DHCPCD.CFG ?
\MPTN\BIN\SETUP.CMD:
<snip>

This all looks as it should.

\MPTN\ETC\DHCPCD.CFG:
note edits (for testing), below:

<snip>
# Basic options required

clientid   MAC

interface lan0

# Uncomment as desired for logging

#numLogFiles   4
#logFileSize   100
#logFileName   dhcpcd.log
#logItem       SYSERR
#logItem       OBJERR
#logItem       PROTERR
#logItem       WARNING
#logItem       EVENT
#logItem       ACTION
#logItem       INFO
#logItem       ACNTING
#logItem       TRACE

Let's try turning all of these on first, run one pass wired, and another wireless. You might want to increase the size of the logs, too (1024?), and make sure you move the wired one(s) out of the way before going wireless, so we can be sure we're looking at the right one(s).
# The following are requested for interoperability with some servers which
# need explicit requests.

option 1  # Subnet Mask
option 3  # Router
option 6  # Domain Name Server
option 15  # Domain Name
option 28  # Broadcast Address
option 33  # Static Routes
option 60 "IBMWARP_V4.1"  # Vendor Class
option 77 "IBMWARP_V4.1"  # User Class

After the above log snapshots, try commenting all of these but 3 & 6. Try for a wireless lease after that. If that works, try turning them on one by one, until you *can't* get a new lease.

Try commenting
#updateDNSA "nsupdate -h%s -d%s -s"d;a;*;a;a;%s;s;%s;3110400;q" -q"

# The following are options for which IBM supplies an instantiation script,
# dhcplpr.cmd, to automatically configure the remote print application
# with a printer and server name. Uncomment them if desired.

#option 9   exec "dhcplpr.cmd 9 %s"   # Default LPR Server
#option 200 exec "dhcplpr.cmd 200 %s"   # Default LPR Printer
option 12 STUS-T23     # Hostname
option 12 STUS-T23     # Hostname

You should probably remove the redundant option 12 entry at the bottom, though I doubt that this is really a problem. I'm just retentive about such things. ;-)

This is surely an odd one. The IBM prism driver is quite old, too,
though I don't really suspect that that's the cause of this. If it
were just an XWLAN thing, then I might lean in that direction (some
lack of proper functionality for XWLAN to adequately see the device),
but at the command line, it should behave. The dhcpmon -t command
kills the DHCP client daemon, allowing it to switch to a different
interface via the -i parameter.

Thank you again for your help!

Hey, it's the least I can do! As Steve Levine has often said to me (and surely to others), some people do crosswords. His fun comes from dissecting dump files; mine comes from unraveling network mysteries. In the end, we all continue to learn, and enjoy the process. Thanks for giving me a challenge. ;-)

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Secure, stable, operating system          www.ecomstation.com