Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: A bit Off Topic: Which WAP to go for?
Datum: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 13:37:41 -0400
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hi, Carl...

On 10/14/09 01:13 pm, Carl Gehr thus wrote :
On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:45:36 -0400, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

On 10/14/09 08:26 am, Howard Winter thus wrote :

Oh, and there's a Starbucks next door with free WiFi (I know, he could just tell them to use that, but I don't think they'd be happy!) so preventing interference is going to be an issue.

That shouldn't be a problem. The DD-WRT firmware has a site survey utility built in, and will show you what signals are floating around. Just choose a non-overlapping channel (in the States, for B & G, we have 1, 6, and 11 which do not overlap; I believe your channels are a bit different, as you should ahve available up to channel 14, IIRC).

I've never considered 'channels' before.  I assume I can go into the
router setup and make a selection there.  [I've just not tried to find
where.]  But, I did check the xWLAN Preferences.  I see no place to
select a 'channel' for the TPad radio to use.

Clients don't select channels; AP's do.
This discussion got me wondering if playing with 'channels' might
resolve the 'flashing radio indicator' that has been bugging me for
months?  But, this also raises another question:  If I can/need to set
something on the TPad, what happens when I go to another site?

No, the channel selection would have nothing to do with this, as there ain't no such animal on a client device.
Maybe these are just dummy questions that I should know.  [But, it does
keep it 'on topic' doesn't it? . . . ;-) . . .]

:-)

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Secure, stable, operating system          www.ecomstation.com