Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Dave Saville" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] A bit Off Topic: Which WAP to go for?
Datum: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:58:17 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 13:26:40 +0100 (BST) Howard Winter wrote:

>Oh, and there's a Starbucks next door with free WiFi (I know,
>he could just tell them to use that, but I don't think they'd be
>happy!) so preventing interference is going to be an issue.

I think as long as you are 3 channels apart you are OK. OOTB most APs
seem to default to 1 and most people don't change it. At home I can see
three #1 and one #6 I tried #9 which was fine until the wife switched
on the remote video sender. The WIFI was still OK but the TV was
unwatchable. Dropping to #8 fixed things.

Problem is that WIFI, DECT phones, Video senders et al all use the 2.4
GHz band.

HTH

--
Regards