Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Stan Sidlov" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Pošiljalec: sbsidlov@gmail.com
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: A bit Off Topic: Which WAP to go for?
Datum: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:11:37 -0400
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Much as I love my wrt54gl(s), I think my next unit will be the wrt610N (cert. draft n) since it has dual simultaneous band supports, A,B,G, and N with 6 internal antenna, 3 per band.  My daughter's laptop has a intel 5300 card, which is the same... The switch section is all gigabit, there's support for an external drive (but I hear only fat32 and NTFS makes the unit play dead). I don't get 2mb on the G band in the house with the other laptops (mostly due to processor speeds), so the slightly worse G on the unit will not be a issue. A wider case people claim, have solved the heat issues, It's expected that DD-WRT will have a fully working release for the unit soon (partial now), and will be able to mount other file types than fat/NTFS.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Will Honea <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

Can't say in general, but Sam's had a deal last week on a Linksys model that
advertised full N compliance last week.  Almost bought it but I need a DSL
modem as well in order to use it - and my wireless devices are all B/G, with a
couple adding A to the list so N is of only academic interest to me right now.
The Linksys deal was at a pretty good price, BTW.

--
Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net>