Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Stuart Updike" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: Cannot get DHCP
Datum: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:07:38 -0500
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
Okay, Stu, let's see if we can get a bit closer...
<snip>

Let's try turning all of these on first, run one pass wired, and another wireless. You might want to increase the size of the logs, too (1024?), and make sure you move the wired one(s) out of the way before going wireless, so we can be sure we're looking at the right one(s).
Please see dhcpcd0.log for wired and dhcpcd1 for wireless.

<snip>

After the above log snapshots, try commenting all of these but 3 & 6. Try for a wireless lease after that. If that works, try turning them on one by one, until you *can't* get a new lease.
Tried. No luck. DHCPMON still reports "DHCP client not running."

I did not understand the "Try commenting" below.

Try commenting
#updateDNSA "nsupdate -h%s -d%s -s"d;a;*;a;a;%s;s;%s;3110400;q" -q"

# The following are options for which IBM supplies an instantiation script,
# dhcplpr.cmd, to automatically configure the remote print application
# with a printer and server name. Uncomment them if desired.

#option 9   exec "dhcplpr.cmd 9 %s"   # Default LPR Server
#option 200 exec "dhcplpr.cmd 200 %s"   # Default LPR Printer
option 12 STUS-T23     # Hostname
option 12 STUS-T23     # Hostname

You should probably remove the redundant option 12 entry at the bottom, though I doubt that this is really a problem. I'm just retentive about such things. ;-)
Done.

Lewis, on a parallel track, I also have a wireless card that was advertised as an Intel 2200 b/g card. What steps would I need to perform in order to change the driver to that one if this one will not work?

Have a great day!

Stu
Priponka:  dhcpcd0.log (25827 Bytov)
Priponka:  dhcpcd1.log (20721 Bytov)