From: "Mike O'Connor" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: Cannot get DHCP
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:52:12 +1000

madodel wrote:
Stuart Updike wrote:
Stan Sidlov wrote:
    It's a shame because I really like the way Silver installed on
    this T23 and the fact that USB operates properly straight out of
    the box!

well it should, its only v1.0 usb.......
Well, for whatever reason, it has never installed correctly with the OS install, and I have not even been able to install it myself until about a year ago. It has been a royal PIA.
why don't you look for a t42?  I saw them recently for under $300......
Well, the truth is that I really do not like the touchpads and the way the case is enlarged to accommodate them. I know. Most would call me silly.
You can turn the touchpad off in the BIOS.  I always do.  at least it has the trackpoint, so no stinking touchpad is needed.  One of the things I hate about my kids Macbook Pros is that they only have touchpads (and one mouse button as well).

Mark
Hi Mark,

Apart from the space-usage, I guess a lot depends on previous usage of touchpads. From 1994-2007, I used a Glidepoint 4-button serial-connected Trackpad exclusively with my Desktops, so am well used to using them. Would still be doing so today, if the microswitches in the buttons hadn't worn out! People either love or hate trackpads! I love the T43 (US$391 on eBay in as-new condition), Trackpad and all!

Regards,
Mike

--
Failed the exam for