os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #64

Da: "Mark Henigan" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: VOT (very off-topic)
Data: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:16:07 -0800
A: os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

A very off-topic question aimed at anyone on the
list with telco experience.

I have a second phone line to install that only
needs to run to one room.  There is already an
unused coaxial cable from a previous installation
by a cable TV company connecting the area of the
junction box to that room.  The incoming phone
line is only a two-wire connection.  Would the
impedance/capacitance/inductive load of the coax
be compatible with a telephone connection?  I'm
trying to save the trouble of installing
additional premises wiring in a house that we
rent.  Making adapters to allow modular
connectors to interface with the coax is no
problem for me so long as the characteristics
of the line would allow it.

TIA,

- Mark

Mark Henigan