Van: "Jon" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [OS2Wireless] eCS Firewall
Datum: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:20:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:48:54 -0700 Bob wrote:

>I would use the same settings as what I use at home.

Bob:

A bit easier said than done.  User rules would probably be easy enough to copy but IJFW has a
number of preset rules based on it's selectable security level.  For example, (and I'm sure you
know this) the NAT engine drops unsolicited packets.  When on the road, the wireless connection may
be using NAT but I don't know if the AP is dropping those packets nor do I know how to write a rule
to do the same (or AFAIK, it may not even be possible for the simple OS/2 firewall to do this).
Maybe most of the public AP's that you used block unsolicited packets in the same manner but
because that info can't be seen then it isn't known to be happening.  Perhaps this is why in the
many years of traveling you haven't had a problem?

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Jon

Aanmelden: Feed, Samenvatting, Index.
Afmelden