Van: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [OS2Wireless] Aircard
Datum: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 22:39:53 -0500
Aan: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hi, Jeff...

On 11/05/09 09:49 pm, Jeffrey Race thus wrote :
Looking to buy something that will work on GSM and
EDGE, may be Sierra 860 or 881.   Can anyone offer
comments/hints/comparisons?

IIRC, Steve Levine mentioned to me that he knew of a card which worked under OS/2. I don't know if that unit is still marketed, nor do I know how readily available the drivers may be.

As for the cards themselves, while the promise of "broadband" performance (I am purposely avoiding the use of the "speed" misnomer) is rather overrated, I would suggest that you look at the carrier you will be using and then narrow your search for the hardware from there (assuming you already have a carrier in mind).

Oh, and I understand that Sprint's big "4G" push is currently voice-only in most markets and not applicable to data (and of course, I do not know what hardware works on that technology which may or may not be OS/2 compatible).

Sorry I can't provide more help, but perhaps someone else will step up to chime in his or her two cents. :-)

Cheers/2

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Secure, stable, operating system          www.ecomstation.com

Aanmelden: Feed, Samenvatting, Index.