From: "Andy Willis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: Aircard
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 21:11:28 -0700

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
Hi, Jeff...

On 11/05/09 09:49 pm, Jeffrey Race thus wrote :
Looking to buy something that will work on GSM and
EDGE, may be Sierra 860 or 881.   Can anyone offer
comments/hints/comparisons?
IIRC, Steve Levine mentioned to me that he knew of a card which worked under OS/2. I don't know if that unit is still marketed, nor do I know how readily available the drivers may be.
If this is the USB device that he helped someone with getting the driver to work (I can't think of the name at all right now) then the card hasn't been marketed in several years I think (may still work if you can find one).
Ahh, google provides the answer of who in the form of the archives (Mark Abramowitz):

<http://mail.2rosenthals.com:8100/Lists/os2-wireless_users/Message/1940.html?altLanguage=>
This was from 2006 and as I recall the drivers may have been done for some time prior to that... in fact from the Sierra site:

*AirCard 580 PC Card
*Discontinued December 2006, supported until December 2008

It may still work on some networks... maybe Sprint as I saw something about their broadband having used it (its an EVDO card apparently).
I think to get the drivers one had to send an email to Mark.
I am not aware of any cards that work directly with OS.2, though some phones might be able to be tethered and used like a modem as I understand it.
Andy