Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Steven Levine" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: Aircard
Datum: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 14:01:23 -0800
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

   at 09:35 AM, "Jeffrey Race" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> said:

>It's a PC card format, not USB, and I plan to use on
>WXP or W2K natively or virtualized, on the GSM
>network in Thailand.

FWIW, if it's anything like the Sierra Wireless cards I've supported in
the past, it's PCCard on the outside and USB on the inside.

On OS/2 these devices look like a serial attached modem and use a dialer
like Injoy to establish a PPP connection to the provider.

OS/2 lacks the software required to enable the cards.  This needs to be
done under windows, but once done the cards work fine as long as the
pc52220 driver recognizes the card.

Steven

"Steven Levine" <steve53@earthlink.net>  eCS/Warp/DIY etc.
www.scoug.com www.ecomstation.com