From: "Andy Willis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] cbenable switches for ThinkPad T43
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:52:45 -0700

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
> Greetings, all. I'm testing a Cisco AIR-CB21AG-A-K9 (Aironet A/B/G
> CardBus adapter) which should have an Atheros AR5212 (168C:0013) in it,
> and might work in unsupported mode. However, I can't quite seem to be
> able to get cbenable to work right, and haven't the time to really dig
> into it right now. Andy, I don't recall what settings you used on your
> machine at Warpstock when we were testing cards...
>
> TIA

Sorry, thought this had sent but just found it in my drafts when I
realized I hadn't seen it come back.

First thing is that ACPI is not compatible with cbenable.
Second is that I had to make sure that Cardbus V8 is installed (eCS 2.0
RC 7 is the only so far to ship that way).
I then have the following in my config.sys:

BASEDEV=PCMCIA.SYS /R:500
BASEDEV=IBM2SS14.SYS
rem BASEDEV=sspcic.sys /VS:auto /E /AP:on  //Apsoft driver
rem BaseDev=CBENABLE.SYS * * 0 0   PCIIRQ
rem BaseDev=OEMHLP2.SYS
BASEDEV=AUTODRV2.SYS
DEVICE=D:\UTILS\THINKPAD\VPCMCIA.SYS

The Apsoft driver was not compatible with cbenable.
I have cbenable remmed currently as I am not using it but this is what I
had.  IIRC oemhlp2 is also part of the cbenable and so also needs to be
unremmed.  This is the order I had the drivers as well.

The cards I used did not require unsupported mode and I don't think the
one you have there should need it.  The 2 I had that worked well were
Atheros.  The Broadcom chipset would freeze at helperw (which reminds me
that I need to find time to work with that card some more).
Andy