From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: cbenable switches for ThinkPad T43
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:48:08 -0500

Hey...

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:52:45 -0700 "Andy Willis"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
>Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
>> Greetings, all. I'm testing a Cisco AIR-CB21AG-A-K9 (Aironet A/B/G
>> CardBus adapter) which should have an Atheros AR5212 (168C:0013) in it,
>> and might work in unsupported mode. However, I can't quite seem to be
>> able to get cbenable to work right, and haven't the time to really dig
>> into it right now. Andy, I don't recall what settings you used on your
>> machine at Warpstock when we were testing cards...
>>
>> TIA
>>
>Sorry, thought this had sent but just found it in my drafts when I
>realized I hadn't seen it come back.

Happens to the best of us. ;-)

>First thing is that ACPI is not compatible with cbenable.

Right. That I did seem to recall. That said, most notebooks requiring ACPI
will already have onboard Wi-Fi, and not need a PC card.

>Second is that I had to make sure that Cardbus V8 is installed (eCS 2.0
>RC 7 is the only so far to ship that way).

I forgot about this. I'll bet this is what's hanging me up at this point.
Thanks for the reminder.

>I then have the following in my config.sys:
>
>BASEDEV=PCMCIA.SYS /R:500
>BASEDEV=IBM2SS14.SYS
>rem BASEDEV=sspcic.sys /VS:auto /E /AP:on  //Apsoft driver
>rem BaseDev=CBENABLE.SYS * * 0 0   PCIIRQ
>rem BaseDev=OEMHLP2.SYS
>BASEDEV=AUTODRV2.SYS
>DEVICE=D:\UTILS\THINKPAD\VPCMCIA.SYS

This is actually less specific than the params installed on my T43 by
Veit's installer. I'm not near the machine right now, but I'll post later.

>The Apsoft driver was not compatible with cbenable.
>I have cbenable remmed currently as I am not using it but this is what I
>had.  IIRC oemhlp2 is also part of the cbenable and so also needs to be
>unremmed.  This is the order I had the drivers as well.

Now I have a better recollection. I'm not using the Apsoft driver, but I'll
bet my stack is 5.0, not 8.0 (whatever happened to 6.x & 7.x?)...

>The cards I used did not require unsupported mode and I don't think the
>one you have there should need it.  The 2 I had that worked well were
>Atheros.  The Broadcom chipset would freeze at helperw (which reminds me
>that I need to find time to work with that card some more).

It may not. We'll soon see!

Thanks!

___
Lewis G Rosenthal