Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Greggory D Shaw" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Wireless LAN Monitor problems
Datum: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:09:17 -0600
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

In have a Dell Latitude D810, with a Card,Wireless,Mini Pci Card
1370,Broadcom Corporation. I have eCom 2.0 RC6a installed and I finally
got the wireless card working, with a few problems.

1) I have to use the command line utilities from GenMac. to connect the
wireless router.
    a) ssid -wep 0x123456xxxxxxx
    b) ssid -ssid  ssidname
    c) then use Wireless LAN Monitor to connect, select Public hotspot
=> scan for hotspots=>select my wireless network.

2) The wireless network is an old type A, 11Mb. -  WEP  128bit. Does
the  Wireless LAN Monitor  work  with this setup.

3) What I want is to be able to connect at Starbuck or any public hot
spot using DHCP.  My onborad LAN is LAN0 and the wireless is LAN1.

4) I have no experience with setting up wireless on OS/2 and any help
would be welcome!

5) I don't care about the Wireless A setup, only using DHCP with
Starbucks at public hotspot.(no encryption ).

Greggory