os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #6470

Da: "Greggory D Shaw" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: Wireless LAN Monitor problems
Data: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 01:45:20 -0600
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
> Hi, Greggory...
>
> On 11/30/09 12:38 am, Greggory D Shaw thus wrote :
>
> <snip>
>> I'm pretty much there, I modified the script that Neil post earlier to
>> activate wireless and took it out setup.cmd like you recommended. And
>> one more question, I named the script
>> C:\ecs\SYSTEM\EWPS\PLUGINS\XCENTER\xwlan\script\xwlan.cmd and tried to
>> get XWLAN to start it up automatically, but nothing happens.  Is there
>> some format for the script and have activate script option checked.
>>

> You misunderstand. The script which Neil provided is to be used *in
> lieu* of XWLAN. It is *not* an XWLAN script to be called from XWLAN.
> You should *not* need *any* scripts whatsoever, just XWLAN itself.
>
> <snip>

It all comes down to XWLAN not being able to activate the card, no
matter what I try.

1) Only thing that works is ssid -ssid sxwamp in setup.cmd or manually
from command line.
2) So, I guess I will keep the activation in the setup.cmd (home
profile) and make scripts for my university's & starbucks.

I'm happy enough with the setup, so I guess that's all that matters.

Thanks Lewis and Ed