From: "Chuck McKinnis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: Wireless LAN Monitor problems
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:09:14 -0700

Mark Henigan wrote:
Chuck McKinnis wrote:
Mark Henigan wrote:

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

<snip>

Considering your current setup (i.e., using GenMAC with a supported device), this sounds like an issue for the XWLAN support list, which Christian does monitor. See http://news.gmane.org/gmane.org.netlabs.wlan.general/ .

<snip>

Hello Lewis:

I have never successfully subscribed to a mailing list
that fed into gmane.  How should I proceed?

TIA,

- Mark

Mark Henigan

I am not Lewis, but I will offer my advice.

I finally gave up on free news and pay 10 EU a year to Freie Universität Berlin for News.Individual.NET.

https://news.individual.net/

Hello Chuck:

I've had GigaNews for quite a few years because my
provider didn't (provide anything of value).  It
sounds like you may have a much better deal.  sa

For gmane, I do not have any problem accessing the Netlabs lists using Pronews/2 (news.gmane.org, 119).  You can also go directly to the website, http://dir.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.org.netlabs

I guess I was mistaken in thinking that they were
archiving the output of traditional mailing lists so
that I could subscribe and have posts sent to me daily.

If I have to go somewhere daily to check for new posts,
I quickly lose track of the source of info, especially
since most of them seem to be relatively low volume,
obsessed with a single topic for weeks of no particular
interest to me, and rarely reply to my questions.
(bitch, bitch, bitch...)  ;->

BTW, is your MT still being maintained?

Yes it is.  I have a 2.2.1.0 beta available at www.ecomstation.com that I plan to take live whenever 2.0 goes live and I can check it all out.

TIA,