os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #6500

Da: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: More than 1GB of RAM
Data: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:11:33 -0500
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hi, Sam...

On 12/29/09 01:09 am, Sam Lewis thus wrote :
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Chuck McKinnis
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

I would replace both the .sys and .inf.  You can open the driver details
button on the driver tab in the WinXP device manager to make sure that you
are getting the proper .sys file for your card.  The .inf file is probably
buried in the C:\drivers\... directory.  You may have to install the driver
again to see where WinXP decided to put the .inf file.  It will normally
have the same file name as the .sys file, but it could be different.

Chuck,
I tried replacing both but that didn't work.  So I put the original
.inf file back and now it works fine, at least so far.  The .inf from
windoze is 645k.  So I don't know what the deal is there.  Anyway it
seems I am off to the races again.

Very interesting. I would have had you replace them as a set. When you have a moment, if I might trouble you to zip up both sets and email them to me off-list (lgrosenthal at the domain hosting this list, in case you don't have it handy), I would greatly appreciate it. This is something we should probably get worked into the GenMAC bundling, particularly for eCS 2.0 GA.

Glad that addressed the problem, too, BTW, and apologies for not following up.

Re: top-posting - I hope that you did indeed take my comments light heartedly; they were not meant to be overly critical, and indeed, when I have to peruse these messages from my handheld, without a good deal of snipping, bottom posting can make things just as difficult to read as top posting. I do know that there are quite a few of us "purists" on the eCS/OS/2 lists (the youngsters currently infiltrating the Linux lists are gradually bringing their "bad" habits with them, I fear), and I was concerned that as Bob so rightly pointed out, you might be losing out on some otherwise useful information simply due to the manner in which you were formatting your replies, and I didn't want to see that happen (certainly not on a list *I* host). Thanks for taking things in stride (or at least appearing to do so; if you feel the need to punch me in the nose, then please, by all means, come to Warpstock in 2010 and let me have it!) :-)

Meanwhile, ATB for a healthy and prosperous 2010, and enjoy your newfound 2GB headroom!

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Secure, stable, operating system          www.ecomstation.com