os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #6501

Da: "Sam Lewis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] Re: More than 1GB of RAM
Data: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:19:33 -0600
A: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Lewis G Rosenthal
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
> Hi, Sam...

> Re: top-posting - I hope that you did indeed take my comments light
> heartedly; they were not meant to be overly critical,

Lewis,
I didn't view them as being overly critical at all.  I do like to
whine a little about the current state of communication between
members of the human race and wonder, with despair, what the future
holds for our children who won't be able to have a meaningful
conversation because they don't want to be labeled as mean spirited.

> and indeed, when I
> have to peruse these messages from my handheld, without a good deal of
> snipping, bottom posting can make things just as difficult to read as top
> posting. I do know that there are quite a few of us "purists" on the
> eCS/OS/2 lists (the youngsters currently infiltrating the Linux lists are
> gradually bringing their "bad" habits with them, I fear), and I was
> concerned that as Bob so rightly pointed out, you might be losing out on
> some otherwise useful information simply due to the manner in which you were
> formatting your replies, and I didn't want to see that happen (certainly not
> on a list *I* host).

I appreciate that.  I haven't taken part in a conversation on the list
in quite some time and have picked up the bad habits that I had to
participate in because most people in the workplace don't know how to
make the most of this form of communication and use Outlook which
makes it difficult to place your message in line so that it is in the
proper context of the previous message.

> Thanks for taking things in stride

No problem

> (or at least
> appearing to do so; if you feel the need to punch me in the nose, then
> please, by all means, come to Warpstock in 2010 and let me have it!) :-)

I'm sure your one of the last people that I, or anyone else, would
ever want to punch in the nose.  Thank you very much for your list's.
The help and education I have received here, through the years, has
been very valuable to me and I hope it will continue for a very long
time.

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and that you will have a very good New Year.

And that goes for the rest of the kind folks on this list as well.
Thank's to all of you for making this a productive list.
Take Care,
Sam