os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #6503

Da: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] WPA2 problem
Data: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:02:30 -0500
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hey, Dave...

On 01/31/10 06:20 pm, Dave Saville thus wrote :
ECS Silver
Asus WL-330GE
T42

I can connect to my router using WPA2-PSK using either the Asus or the
built in card and XWLAN.

In order to help a friend out we need another WPA2 AP, so I tried
setting the Asus up as an AP. If I set both XWLAN and the Asus to WPA
then it works but if I set both to WPA2 then I get EAPOL-Key Replay Counter did not increase - dropping packet and it
never connects.

??

Interesting. I've had mixed results with varying equipment using WPA2, and usually configure DD-WRT to allow both WPA2 and WPA. I've seen issues under all OSes, too, so it's not something "client specific."

Try googling on "wpa_supplicant WPA2 EAPOL-Key Replay" or some such. Remember that the WPA supplicant we have is ported from this code (http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/ ).

It sounds like a timing issue. Have a look at http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-404458.html for some clues. Now, as to how to set configuration params for wpa_supplicant via XWLAN, I would think that it might be doable via a script, but I've never tried.

HTH

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
visit my IT blog                www.2rosenthals.net/wordpress